Becoming a Brussels Ambassador
Brussels has developed an enviable position as a destination for international meetings and events. To maintain this momentum and grow as a key destination for meetings in Europe, we have created the Brussels Ambassador programme.
Every day, our ambassadors, recognised or upcoming experts in their fields, dedicate their time to promote Brussels as a key destination for large international events. In addition, they help expand the network of experts by mentoring other Brussels leaders.
As our ambassador, you play an important liaison role with event organisers, professional associations and international companies. You help Brussels to grow as a dynamic centre of meetings and events with the support of visit.brussels' convention and association bureaus and its partners. Together, we aim to strengthen partnerships, create the right connections and work hand-in-hand to set up international meetings of high quality.
What is the ambassador programme?
An Ambassador is an expert, Belgian or foreign, who has made a significant contribution to attracting major international meetings to the Brussels-Capital Region. The visit.brussels Ambassador Programme aims to continue building this expert network through recruitment and support of existing Ambassadors, helping to increase the success rate of our bids and attract further international events to the capital of Europe.
As at the beginning of 2017, our Ambassadors have organised more than 60 annual trade fairs, conventions and events in Brussels, all with over 800 participants. In total, these events have welcomed more than 500,000 delegates and 9,000 speakers in the last three years.
Why become an ambassador?
- Be recognised even more as an expert in your field
- Gain access to a network of senior professionals and academics
- Be supported by the visit.brussels Convention Bureau and develop knowledge in organising large international events, destination promotion and presentation skills
- Have the opportunity to showcase your associations/companies
- Encourage future developments and synergies between your associations/companies and others
- Gain the attention of politicians and funding bodies
One of our ambassadors, Martine Piccart (BIG) share with us her passion for Brussels:
“The Breast International Group (BIG) and its IMPAKT Conference are about bringing people from many cultures together to push the boundaries of breast cancer research, and believing that much more can be achieved together than alone.
With its 180 different nationalities, Brussels embodies the multicultural diversity and richness of the world, despite the challenges that this brings. What is unique is that Brussels remains down-to-earth, friendly and accessible, offering something for everyone: centuries of European history reflected in its architecture and diverse museums; epicurean pleasures ranging from moules-frites and Belgian beer to divine chocolates and haute cuisine; a rich contemporary musical heritage; and humor mixing playfulness with satire and surrealism, from Tintin to Magritte.
Supported by a professional conference and multilingual hospitality infrastructure, Brussels is a charming and creative partner that will guarantee success for all kinds of meetings and social events”...
Brussels is a pivotal centre of excellence in the following fields:
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- Creative industries and media.
- Life sciences and biopharma.
- Sustainability and cleantech.
- Business services
With its world-famous universities, 2,250 international associations and organisations, a high concentration of international companies, research & development organisations, decision makers and proactive supporting bodies, Brussels offers a dense network of expertise, resources and knowledge.
- Highest concentration of life-science employees in the world.
- 3 universities, 7 university hospitals and 24 healthcare centres.
- 1st country in Europe in terms of clinical trials per capita and 2nd worldwide.
- 2nd largest pharmaceutical export country in the world in absolute figures.
- More than 60% of all ICT businesses in Brussels are foreign companies.
- Strong innovator: 10th city worldwide in terms of capacity for innovation.
- No 1 sustainable city in Europe in terms of environmental policy.
- One of the greenest cities in Europe with 28 m² per inhabitant and 8,000 ha of green space.
- No 1 city for headquarters of international associations.
- 3 official languages, 183 nationalities, 108 different languages spoken.
- 1st in Europe for number of association conferences organised.
- Around 210 venues for events of 10 to 10,000 persons.
- 200 hotels with 20,000 rooms.
- 1,237,400 m² convention centre space.
- 478 media represented, including 99 television stations and 191 newspapers and magazines.
- 18,000 cultural events every year.
visit.brussels Convention Bureau’s services
You like Brussels? Invite your colleagues from around the world to come and discover it!
We need your talents, commitment and knowledge to help our city grow and radiate both intellectually and economically ...
So join the Ambassador Programme !