Helene is a Junior Associate in the IT&IP department in Brussels.
Helene is developing her practice by working on all aspects of data protection law, direct marketing, digital media and intellectual property law.
Helene assists clients by advising them on various data protection and data security related matters, as well as on various aspects of direct marketing law and soft IP issues, including licensing schemes.
Helene holds an LL.M. from the University of Sydney and a master’s degree in Intellectual Property and ICT law from the HUB – University College of Brussels in collaboration with the Catholic University of Leuven.
Prior to joining Osborne Clarke, Helene gained experience in a boutique law firm in Sydney.
Helene is a member of the IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals).
Digitalise, Legalise, Meet! What legal framework applies for digitalising your association and having virtual meetings?
Topics that may be covered by Ruth and Helene at the participant's choice:
- Constitution of an association, corporate housekeeping, publication formalities and requirements. What is legally possible in a digital world?
- Permanent publicity on your association's website
- Organising virtual General Assembly meetings and virtual Board meetings of your association (convening notice, preliminary information, decision-making process, e-voting, remote participation in the meeting, data protection).
- The influence of virtual meetings on the nationality of your association: how is the nationality of the association affected when meetings are taking place on the World Wide Web?
- Will digitalising your association have any tax implications?