- Central-western province of the People's Republic of China
- Capital: Chengdu
- Surface area: 487,630 km2
- Population: 81,100,000
- Title and signature date of the agreement: Cooperation agreement between Szechuan Province and the Brussels-Capital Region signed 9 November 2010, replacing the previous agreement dating from 13 April 1995.
Szechuan cuisine is famous for its hot and spicy dishes. The famous Szechuan pepper is a plant with a spicy, numbing and almost lemony flavour. While it is ever present in local cuisine, it is the red chillies, imported from America, that give this cuisine its spicy emphasis. A local saying goes, "In Szechuan cuisine each dish has its own style, a hundred dishes have a hundred different flavours."
Szechuan Ambassador at eat! Brussels: Daronghe Restaurant
To taste a dish by one of our partner regions, you will need to use tokens. One token = one dish. One dish = €9. All the dishes are offered at the same price.
- Kongbao chicken (spicy chicken with chili peppers and Szechuan pepper)
- Beef dices with minced celery (spicy or no-spicy)
- Eggplant fitters in fish-flavor sauce
- Mapo tofu (spicy tofu with chili peppers and Szechuan pepper)
- Sliced chicken with chili Sauce
- Braised spareribs in sweet-and-sour sauce
- Stewed beef with potatoes
- Dandan noodles (with pork and upper mustard stems)