Cycle tourism is a steadily growing sector in Europe and responds to an actual demand and trend in the market. More and more establishments offer a service for cycle tourists and thus create a network of “bike-friendly” accommodation in Brussels. visit.brussels promotes accommodation with certain services and facilities that cater for the needs of cyclists and clients.
A label of recognition from visit.brussels
In collaboration with Pro Velo, visit.brussels carried out an accommodation questionnaire to find out whether the accommodation was suitable for cyclists and could satisfy customers who wanted to discover Brussels by bike.
Several criteria were assessed, such as whether or not establishments:
- are located near to regional cycle routes (ICR), a Villo! station, etc.;
- have bicycle parking facilities or a secure bicycle room;
- have a terminal for charging electric bicycles;
- provide repair tools (pumps, screwdrivers, patches, etc.);
- allow guests to fill up their water bottles;
- offer a fresh and vitamin-rich breakfast;
- promote Brussels' bicycle tourism offer (bicycle map, guided bicycle tours, etc.);
Establishments that wish to be part of the "bike-friendly accommodation" network can answer the questionnaire throughout the year.
visit.brussels will contact them to verify the information and will then arrange a visit to the accommodation.
Bike friendly accommodation
Aloft Brussels Schuman
Belvue Hotel Brussels
Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
Courtyard by Marriott Brussels EU
Dolce La Hulpe Brussels
First Euroflat Hotel
Leopold Brussels Hotel EU
Martin’s Brussels EU
Meininger Hotel Bruxelles City Center
Meininger Hotel Gare du Midi
NH Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Grand Place Arenberg
NH Brussels Stéphanie
Renaissance Brussels Hotel
Stanhope Hotel Brussels by Thon Hotels
Tangla Hotel Brussels
Thon Hotel EU
Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie
Hôtel Van Belle
You'll find an overview, with photos, of bike-friendly hotels here.