Europe in Brussels, what exactly does that mean in numbers? 121,000 jobs and an added value of €5 billion for the Brussels-Capital region. For visitors, it simply means that they’re not just visiting the Belgian capital, they’re visiting a major cosmopolitan city. You will find these stats and more in the Brussels-Europe, the figures 2016 study.
Some data :
- 20 organisations of the European Union.
- 29 International schools.
- 5,400 diplomats.
- At least 20,000 lobbyists.
- 42 intergovernmental organisations.
- 1,450 to 1,700 journalists present during European summits.
- 22,772 pupils in International schools.
- 300 regional and local representations.
- 1,700,000 m² of office space used by the European institutions.
- 3,481,507 overnight business stays.
- Third highest regional Gross Domestic Product per capita in Europe.
- 1 in 3 Brussels inhabitants have a foreign nationality.
- 264,738 are EU nationals.
- 104 languages spoken.