For some, the summer holidays mean absolute relaxation. But for others, the annual holidays are the perfect time to let your hair down and have a party! Discover our list of open-air summer music festivals. There's something for everybody, so diaries at the ready!
From unmissables and pioneer events like Couleur Café or the BSF, to more unique festivals like Hide & Seek or Brosella Folk & Jazz, the festivals are coming to all four corners of Brussels, to the delight of all!
Prepare yourself to discover the 2018 line-up!
Couleur Café - 29/06 > 01/07/2018
Since 1990, Brussels has been moving to the rhythm of World Music thanks to Couleur Café. Its line up of hip-hop, world, reggae, salsa, raï and others grows every year, opening its doors to more and more musical genres. This family festival is one of Europe's best and shines thanks to the diversity of its entertainment, workshops, dance and music lessons, exhibitions and its artisan market and non-profit village.
Brosella Folk & Jazz - 06 & 07/07/2018
Set up only a stone's throw from the Atomium in the exceptional setting of the Théâtre de Verdure in Osseghem Park, Brosella Folk & Jazz Festival shines thanks to its friendly atmosphere and spirit. This entirely free festival lets you e,joy live music out in the open. News names to discover and folk and jazz headliners fill the two days and make this one of the capital's most convivial events.
BSF - 14 > 18/08/2018
The Brussels Summer Festival, one of the only festivals in Europe to take place in the heart of the city, has grown so much that it is now an unmissable summer event in Belgium. Headliners include famous names such as Orelsan, Arsenal, Shaka Ponk, Raphael and many more! The whole of Brussels' Royal Quarter - from Place des Palais to the Mont des Arts via place du Musée and La Madeleine - moves to the sound of this major urban festival. 5 days of musical euphoria, reasonably priced tickets, and a unique atmosphere in a unique setting.
Fiesta Latina - 24 > 26/08/2018
Fiesta Latina is a hot and exotic experience in the Bois de la Cambre. For 3 days, this latino festival welcomes you in a decor resembling the ancient Mayan and Aztec cities for live concerts, DJ sets, Lucha Libre bouts, a mechanical bull, children's entertainment, food trucks... A little flavour of South America and its tropical atmosphere!
Hide & Seek - 20 > 26/08/2018
Hide & Seek Festival by Muziekpublique opens the doors of some of the capital's most extraordinary and amazing venues for acoustic, traditonal world music concerts.
It's the perfect chance to experience a concert in an old tram, inside the historic Autrique House or in an old workshop surrounded by funeral sculptures...
Discover this summer's complete programme:
- 15/06/2018: Jazz Jette June www.jazzjettejune.be
- 21/06 > 24/06/2018: Fête de la Musique www.fetedelamusique.be
- 23/06/2018: Fire is Gold www.fire-is-gold.com
- 24/06/2018: Timis Festival www.zinnema.be
- 24/06 > 29/07/2018: Royal Park Music Festival www.royalparkmusicfestival.be
- 29/06 > 01/07/2018: Festival Musiq’3 www.festivalmusiq3.be
- 29/06 > 01/07/2018: Paradise City Festival www.paradisecity.be
- 02/07 > 31/08/2018: Midi-Minimes www.midis-minimes.be
- 01/07 > 31/08/2018: Festival des Minimes www.festivaldesminimes.be
- 01/07 > 08/07/2018: Midsummer Mozartiade www.amadeusandco.be
- 07/07 > 12/08/2018: Archipel www.bruxelleslesbains.be
- 08/07/2018: Crossroads www.xrds.be
- 22/08 > 22/09/2018: Festival of Ancient music Voce & Organo www.placedelachapelle.be
- 27/08 > 31/08/2018: Feeërieën www.abconcerts.be
- 27/08 > 31/08/2018: Boterhammen in het Park www.abconcerts.be
- 05/09 > 15/09/2018: Marni Jazz www.theatremarni.com
- 27/09 > 30/09/2018: Nuits Sonores Brussels www.bozar.be