A substantial extra push to help you grow attendance and scale your event!
WHO DOES THIS PROGAMME APPLY TO?
Are you looking to organise either a one-off or recurring international congress, convention, meeting or fair in Brussels? Why not support Brussels’ bid through the selection process?
Check to see if you are eligible for an additional and substantial push!
WHAT IS THE GROWTH SUPPORT PROGRAMME?
This substantial extra push is granted by visit.brussels, the Brussels-Capital Region and the City of Brussels. It is dedicated to support international professional event organisers hoping to host events in Brussels in a sector that contributes positively to the image of the region or within one of the five following key centres of excellence in the Brussels area: Life sciences & bio-pharma, information & communications technology - ICT, sustainability and clean technologies, creative industries and media or business services.
With the pull of our world-famous universities, the concentration of associations and international companies, the research and development organisations, and the high proportion of decision-makers and proactive supporting bodies, we are confident we can help you structure your event and increase attendance!
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROGRAMME?
Our mission is to support and accompany you with services and concrete actions dedicated to promoting your event internationally and locally, to boost the number of attendees, partners and stakeholders, and to enhance attendees’ experiences before and during the event.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA?
The following conditions apply
- The event should be for an international conference, congress or fair.
- The growth support programme can only apply in the context of a competition between destinations. If the event is already confirmed in Brussels, this programme can not apply.
- It must host at least 500 participants*.
- With a minimum of 30% of participants non-resident in Belgium and 3 different nationalities.
- The event must last at least 2 days with 1 overnight stay.
- The event theme should contribute positively to the image of the region.
- Applications that meet the criteria must be made at least 9 months before the event.
*Events that gather between 250 and 500 participants can be considered, providing they are new AND recurrent (minimum once every 3 years).
Bonus assets that will help your bid
- When the event theme is within the five key centres of excellence in the Brussels area: Life sciences & bio-pharma, information & communications technology - ICT, sustainability and clean technologies, creative industries and media or business services.
- When the bid is presented by a local ambassador or a local international association.
- When the event demonstrates concrete actions to improve sustainability.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION PROCEDURE?
The eligibility and the evaluation of the event organiser requesting the Growth Support Programme will be carried out by a selection committee composed of: Innoviris, Hub Brussels, Febelux and visit.brussels.
HOW DOES IT WORK – EXACTLY?
You will be offered a substantial push in the form of services and support. Alternatively, under certain specific conditions, you can apply for funding subsidies made accessible by the Brussels-Capital Region and the City of Brussels.
To choose what is best for the growth of your event, you will be entitled to decide which of the options match your goals and build your own package from ‘à la carte opportunities’. They will include promotional support services as well as advice and support with communication and various forms of marketing, all of which is dedicated to boosting the number of attendees and the stakeholders’ involvement.
Further information as well as a detailed list with the opportunities and services available through the Growth Support Programme can provided upon request.
Applications for the Growth Support Programme that meet the criteria should be made by contacting visit.brussels directly:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: +32 (0)2 549 50 15