In the summer, Brussels' heart beats to the rhythm of an intense line up of festivities. Come and sample the city's summer activities and make the most of the streets as they come alive during the day and at night!
Feel the good vibes all over the capital of Europe this summer. It's moving, partying and full of passion!
An aperitif on a terrace, a visit on foot or by bike, at the National Daya celebrations of the foire du Midi fair, Brussels in the summer is best felt and experienced.
Foire du Midi - 13/07 > 19/08/2018
The Foire du Midi, the famous Brussels fair in the Midi station neighbourhood combines, lights sound, smells and flavours. It's a must! This huge, temporary fairground takes over the area around Brussels Midi station for a month: deep fried pastries, candy floss, chips, shooting ranges and wooden horse races rival their modern counterparts that thrill you as they turn you upside down and throw you from side to side!
21 July: Belgium's national day - 21/07/2018
On 21 July, like every year, Brussels is effervescent as it celebrates Belgium's national day. You could, of course, follow the national day on TV, but that doesn't compare to the party you will experience in the capital! There's activities and entertainment planned: the traditional Bal National dance evening, the military procession and the firework display.
Bike Brussels - 14/09 > 17/09/18
What could be better than doing a bit of exercise and cycling to feel healthier? Bike Brussels, the cycling and active mobility fair invites you to Tour & Taxis.
What's planned? Big name exhibitors, conferences, indoor and outdoor bike tests, a children's area, the "Bike Brussels Awards", and a whole host of animations… It's a feel good weekend that's not to be missed!
Summer on Brussels' terraces
As soon as the sun comes out, Brussels' terraces pull out all the stops. Whether it's for a drink with colleagues, a brunch with friends, a nice moment with your partner, ther's never a bad time to sit down and enjoy the warmer weather on a terrace in Brussels.
Don't forget your sunglasses!
Pop-up bars and aperitifs
Summer in Brussels is best enjoyed outdoors! There's no end of great outdoor spots to meet up: aperitifs, festivals in the parks, parties in private gardens and in extraordinary venues with amazing DJ sets and refreshing cocktails! All that's left for you to do is check the weather forecast and the Facebook pages of your favourite events, and make the most of the summer in Brussels.
Discover this summer's complete programme:
- 09/05 > 30/09/2018: Get Up stand Up www.mimamuseum.eu
- June – September: Roller Bike Parade www.belgiumrollers.com
- 13/06 > 15/07/2018: Voetbalfestivaldefootball www.beursschouwburg.be
- 17/06/2018: BXL Tour www.bxltour.be
- 21/06 > 24/06/2018: Experience – Brussels VR Festival! www.facebook.com/experiencebrusselsvr
- 24/06/2018: Brussels Urban Trail www.sport.be/urbantrailseries
- 08/07/2018: Crossroads www.facebook.com/events/130281551105108
- 24/08/2018: City Run Art Nouveau www.cityruns.net
- 25/08 > 26/08/2018 Brussels Games Festival www.brusselsgamesfestival.be
- 31/08/2018: Memorial Van Damme www.memorialvandamme.be
- 02/09/2018: Color Run www.sport.be/thecolorrun