Brussels Ambassadors Night: visit.brussels appoints 14 new professionals as ambassadors for the city as an events destination
During an exclusive gala evening on 29 January 2020, visit.brussels awarded the title of destination Ambassador to 14 partners who greatly contributed to putting the spotlight on Brussels in 2019 and confirming its status as an international MICE destination. These new Ambassadors received their awards before an audience of academics, doctors, European commissioners, university rectors, chairs and directors of international associations established in Brussels, scientists, hospital directors, and other partners.
The strategic importance of organising an international event in Brussels
The aim of the visit.brussels ambassadors programme is to bring new international events to Brussels with the help of the Ambassadors, our unique network of highly placed professionals. They play an active role in attracting new international events in Brussels by sharing their experiences with other organisers and facilitating the establishment of network of local experts. In 2019, Brussels was again rewarded as the first city in Europe and second in the world for Associations conferences (UIA report 2019). Thank you to the Brussels Ambassadors' who actively participate in achieving these excellent results.
By choosing to organise your event in Brussels, you will have the support of the whole city!
Part of this support is provided by recognised professionals, who make up the body of 160 committed Ambassadors. These leading Belgian professionals such as university professors and researchers, actors in the medical profession, association professionals and CEOs, act as influencers by holding successfully organized international conferences in Brussels that attract important partners and participants from all over the world. Internationally recognised as experts in their field, they contribute to the growth of many different sectors as well as to Brussels’ intellectual, cultural and economic influence on the international scene.
But their role is extensive. They support visit.brussels and event organizers who choose Brussels by facilitating the establishment of network of experts. We work alongside them to bring influential people together, who contribute to the smooth organisation and development of conferences. Our ambassadors offer experience and expertise help you build local synergies in your sector of activity and to promote your event. The extent of their networks makes Brussels the ideal host for your future event.
Brussels has the essential ingredients to attract sponsors, stakeholders and delegates from around the world
With its network of ambassadors, and a high concentration of decision-makers and proactive support organisations, Brussels has proved to be the centre of excellence for international events in various sectors:
- Life sciences and biopharmaceutical industry
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Sustainability and clean technologies
- Creative industries and media
- Commercial services
Winners and organisations recognised for their contributions to Brussels in 2019:
- BRUSSELS RETINA MEETING 2019: Ernesto Bali – Head of the ophthalmology department CHIREC Hospital Group
- ECCO 2019 EUROPEAN CANCER SUMMIT: Mike Morrissey – Chief Executive at the European Cancer Organisation
- ESID 2019, EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR IMMUNODEFICIENCIES: Prof. Jutte Van Der Werff Ten Bosch – Professor of Paediatric Haematology, Oncology and Immunology, local host of the congress
- EGC 2019, EUROPEAN GO CONGRESS: Marie Jemine – Représentant de la Fédération belge de Go
- WORLD OSTEOARTHRITIS DAY INTERGENERATIONAL EVENT: Prof. Yves Henrotin – Director of the Bones and Cartilage Research Unit at the University of Liège
- BUSWORLD EUROPE BRUSSELS 2019: Mieke Glorieux – Managing Director of BusWorld
- STRINGS 2019: Geoffrey Compère - Research Associate at ULB, representing Marc Henneaux, Director of the International Solvay Institutes of Physics and Chemistry
- 115th FRENCH NOTARIES CONGRESS: Marc Cagniart – President of the French Notaries’ Congress 2019
- GLOBAL SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION CONFERENCE– G-STIC – 2019: Dr Dietrich Van der Weken – General Manager of Global Sustainable Technology & Innovation Conferences (G-STIC)
- THE EUROPEAN FISHING TACKLE TRADE EXHIBITION – EFTTEX 2019: Victoria Seymour – EFFTEX Operations Manager & Victoria Rogers – EFTTEX Coordinator
- 7th WORLD CONGRESS AGAINST THE DEATH PENALTY: Laure Boukabza
- 5th CONGRESS OF EUROPEAN ORL-HEAD & NECK SURGERY - 2019
- YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS – EUROPEAN CONVENTION - 2019
- WORLD SOCIAL SECURITY FORUM - 2019