There are several highlights during the week of the Grand Départ. Each one adds to the friendly party atmosphere, with professional cycling at the core.
The Brussels-Capital region is hosting the ceremony of presenting the teams as well as the first two stages of this 2019 edition. The Welcome Centre will be open from Wednesday 3 July at the Brussels Expo.
Find a summary here of the stages of the Tour de France in Brussels.
For a detailed programme of events, see the Grand Départ 2019 official guide.
Thursday 4th July
Official opening of the Fan Park at the Place de Brouckère and presentation in the Grand-Place of the 22 teams taking part in the 2019 Tour de France.
Presentation of the teams
One by one, the teams and their racers will parade across the stage set up in the Grand-Place.
The presentation of the teams’ parade will take place at the Place Royale, starting at 5.30pm.
This will finish at 7.45pm at the Fan Park at the Place de Brouckère.
Fan Park opening hours:
- Thursday 4 July: 2pm - 8pm
- Friday 5 July: 10am - 7pm
- Saturday 6 July: 10am - 7pm
- Sunday 7 July: 10am - 5pm
Crédit photo : © A.S.O. / Alex Broadway
Saturday 6 July - Stage 1
1st stage, road stage: Brussels – Charleroi– Brussels, 192km
The racers will set off from the Place Royale before the real start at Boulevard Mettewie. They will then leave the Brussels-Capital region, and return a strenuous 150km later to finish this first stage of the 2019 Tour de France, in Laeken.
- Advertising caravans leave Place Royale: 10am
- Neutral start, Place Royale, city centre: 12pm
- Real start, Boulevard Mettewie, Molenbeek: 12:25pm
- Arrival at Heysel: 4:45-5:15pm
For more detailed information on the 1st stage, visit: www.brusselsgranddepart.com/letour/en/stages/stage-01/
Sunday 7 July - Stage 2
2nd stage, team time trial: Brussels Palais Royal – Brussels Atomium, 28km
The 28km route through Brussels will give cycling enthusiasts a glimpse of the Belgian capital’s heritage. From the city centre to the Atomium, this second stage will give teams the chance, using their collective strength, to really make an impact.
- Advertising caravans leave Place des Palais: 10am
- First team leaves Place des Palais: 2:30pm
- Last team leaves Place des Palais: 4:15pm
- First team arrives at Atomium: 3pm
- Last team arrives at Atomium: 4:45pm
For more detailed information on the 2nd stage, visit: www.brusselsgranddepart.com/letour/etapes/etape-02/