While there are references to the watermill going back as far as 1476, the existing buildings would seem to date from the early 18th century (hence the Nieuwenbauwmolen or “new mill” name). They were acquired in 1841 by the Crokaert family and returned to their original functions, namely milling grain. Calevoet Mill was the last mill to stay in operation in Uccle and the surrounding area (until after the Second World War). Extraordinarily enough for the region, its machinery is still in working order and capable of producing flour. The mill was listed as a monument on 8 August 1988 (machinery, façades and the mill race). The site, along the Linkebeek stream and the parallel mill race, has also been well preserved. Thanks to its last miller and current owner, it is still possible to carry out the steps and actions of yesteryear to produce precious flour. (Listed 08/08/1988)
Milling of grain between 14h30 and 16h30 (with the support of the non-profit association Luizenmolen-Anderlecht).
In cooperation with Cercle d’Histoire, d’Archéologie et de Folklore d’Uccle et Environs.