Firmly rooted in Eclecticism with a marked predominance for the neo-_Renaissance style, the handsome brick and stone dwelling overlooking the Allard Estate was built in 1898 for architect Charles-Eugène Loicq, who apparently also constructed Uccle town hall. An imposing fireplace takes centre stage in the entrance hall, which leads into a vast space composed of a succession of three rooms. The first, in a French classical style (late 18th century), retains a delightful decor of floral garlands on the upper part of the panelling as well as over the bay windows. The second room, with its neo-Renaissance fireplace, is crossed halfway up by a leather frieze of sculpted ivy leaves that travels around the room. To the rear, a huge lawn lined with flowerbeds slopes gently towards a country garden, part of which, unmown, gives way to underbrush. An amusing giant cement mushroom serves as a shelter from the rain, as does a gloriette, typical of the time, made from cement and designed to imitate wood down to the smallest detail. At the back, a pond, its banks lined with aquatic plants, is an invitation to daydream. The estate, which contains a number of remarkable trees, including a London plane and two beautiful horse chestnuts, is bordered by Chemin du Delleweg/De Delleweg, one of the last remaining vestiges of the ancient network of Uccle byways, along with Chemin du Crabbegat/Crabbegatweg and Chemin du Château d’Eau/Waterkasteelstraat.
rue Victor Allard 88