A fine example of industrial architecture that remains in an urban setting, this former refinery was built in 1894 by the architect G. de Lamchies. Organised around a courtyard, the brick façades of the street-facing buildings are punctuated by decorative render and topped by a handsome cornice with lambrequins. The complex, whose tall chimney has been preserved, was the centre of production for the famous Belgian liquor, Mandarine Napoléon. Today, it is home to JES, which describes itself as an urban laboratory. This association works to assist the vulnerable youth of Brussels, Antwerp and Ghent. It provides training and workshops for young people and professionals in the youth sector. The premises also contain the JES Sleep Inn youth hostel.