In 1952, a number of vegetable gardens worked by Colons de la Ligue du Coin de Terre still occupied a strip of land wedged between the street and the railway line, right in the heart of Josaphat Park. The success of miniature golf along the coast gave a private individual the idea to suggest to the municipal council that a course be built in Schaerbeek. His design was entrusted to landscape architect René Péchère, who came up with the idea of grouping the holes in a chain along the perimeter of the site in order to make full use of the space available. An 18-hole miniature golf course was thus born. Opened in 1954, it was an immediate success with both hobbyists and more serious players attracted by the ingenuous layout of the course and the beauty of its plants.