Office building – former headquarters of Glaverbel

A circular-shaped building with an average diameter of 85 m, the former headquarters of Glaverbel is well known to the Brussels public, which often considers it, rightly so, as one of the best-executed buildings of its type. Built between 1963 and 1967 in a new zone reserved for corporate offices and headquarters, it is the work of architects Renaat Braem, Pierre Guilissen, André Jacqmain and Victor Mulpas. They chose to build on the concept of the curtain façade, which consists, in this case, of layers of concrete rings coated with bluestone panels and of metal framing without horizontal crosspieces. Even back then, the designers were already conscious of the environment: not only did the building’s structure allow for a harmonious occupation of the site and facilitate its integration into the neighbourhood, it also did not disturb the trees already present on the site. Surrounded by a park, Glaverbel’s former headquarters also conceals in its centre a landscaped green area with a lawn, clumps of trees and foliage.

Guided tours available all day (last group at 16h15). In cooperation with Arkadia and Korei.

Practical information

  • chaussée de La Hulpe 166
    1170 Brussels
    • Saturday and Sunday from 11h00 to 17h00 (last admission at 16h15)
      access only permitted on guided tours (20 people per group)
    • T
      Boitsfort Gare/Bosvoorde Station