Saint Adrian’s Church, whose facing is entirely composed of greyish-pink “Klampsteen” bricks, was consecrated in 1941. It was built close to a chapel of the same name that already existed in the 15th century. Work began in 1938 and the architect A. Vanden Nieuwenborg, who was commissioned to carry out the project, was immediately forced to operate within a limited budget. He constructed a towering church with clearly defined spaces structured around the central nave. All the windows and doorways in the church are skilfully framed by brick arches, an adaptation of the Lombard Romanesque style. The reliefs and resulting interplay of light and shadows provide the only decorative elements. The architect chose to integrate the imposing bell tower into the main façade, most likely inspired by certain hall churches in Northern Europe and by solutions that were already in existence during the Romanesque period in the Meuse and Rhineland regions. The central doorway forms part of a marked recess that extends upwards, accentuating the vertical momentum of the bell tower. Inside, the pillars and vaults are covered in yellow sand-coloured bricks. The choir is home to the Virgin of Boondael (mid-17th century). It also contains seven stained glass windows created by the designer Danieli in the 1960s. The chapel contains two altarpieces depicting the martyrdom of Saint Adrian (1490, Borman school) and an altarpiece showing the martyrdom of Saint Christopher (late 16th century).
Avenue Général Dossin de Saint-Georges/Generaal Dossin de St.-Georgeslaan