In 1924, the inhabitants of the rapidly developing Kapelleveld neighbourhood wished to build a new church. Due to a lack of funds, a temporary chapel made from wood was erected in 1927. Burned to the ground in 1929, it was replaced by a sleek Modernist structure, which was used until the inauguration of the permanent building in 1955. Once it had been deconsecrated, the chapel became a function room and then a sports hall, before being acquired by an artist couple in 2016. Attracted by the space within the building, they decided to live on the premises and to install their studios there. Private and professional lives blossom together. Pol Quadens creates his sculptures while Vanessa Bruffaerts dedicates herself to interior decoration. Here, in this functional, minimalist setting, the artists like to welcome visitors.