Unavoidable icon of Brussels en Belgium, important place for international tourism, unique creation in the history of architecture and emblematic vestige of the World fair in Brussels (Expo 58), the Atomium is today the most popular tourist attraction of Europe’s Capital.
The Atomium was constructed for the first post-war universal world exhibition (EXPO 58) The nine spheres represent an iron crystal magnified 165 billion times. They represent the faith one had in the power of science and moreover in nuclear power.
The Atomium offers today:
- a surrealistic walk through tubes and spheres
- the most beautiful panorama [360°] over Brussels and its surroundings [92m]
- a ne lunch at 95m height in the panoramic restaurant (light or gastronomic, always 100 % Belgian)
- a permanent exhibition about the history of the building
- temporary exhibitions with different themes
- a boutique full of original gifts with the Atomium colours
Due to COVID-19, it is mandatory to book your visit in advance. To do so, visit www.atomium.be/ticket and indicate the date and time of your visit and the number of Brussels Card holders.
Audioguide [smartphone application]
Commented tour on your smartphone in 9 languages (30min). You can download the application via www.atomium.be/audio