Global Association Hubs Partnership (GAHP)
The world’s leading cities for international associations – Brussels, Dubai, Singapore and Washington, D.C. – have teamed up to create the Global Association Hubs Partnership (GAHP) at the end of 2015.
This initiative by the official promotion organisations of the four cities – visit.brussels, Dubai Association Centre, Singapore Exhibition and Convention Bureau, and Destination DC – cements the position of the four partner cities as the leading global hubs for international associations and creates synergistic relationships which provide decisive advantages for international associations.
The partnership comes as an innovative response to the increasing decentralisation of international associations, as they look to develop their activities globally. GAHP is a global platform that enables international associations to:
- Better support their membership in the different regions of the world
- Build capacity in each region and capitalise on the potential of each region’s growth in activities and membership
- Engage in a strategic dialogue on how to grow and better serve overseas members by using the respective partner cities as regional gateways
A game changer for the relationship which cities have traditionally established with their association clients! For more information on the Global Association Hubs Partnership, please contact Hervé Bosquet (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Growth strategies for associations
Better serving the members, providing value, and building engagement is currently the name of the game in association management around the world. Sister associations in different regions are increasingly competing with one another to grow their share of the market, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Much like what happens in the private sector, the need to adapt products and services to an increasingly informed and demanding market implies evolutionary change, continuous improvement, and constant learning. Scarce human and financial resources require to focus on priorities and carefully manage the risks of growing programmes or transitioning into new markets.
Generating alternative revenue streams, alongside the fee structure for the membership, is extremely challenging. In this session, you will find out how leading associations have successfully introduced growth strategies and have had to adjust their operating models to facilitate the implementation of their expansion plans.
You will also have the opportunity to discuss various growth strategies and gain hands-on experience from speakers and delegates who have already successfully embarked on such strategies.
This session is powered by the Global Association Hubs Partnership (GAHP).
The session will take the form of a highly dynamic, interactive peer-to-peer exchange which aims at
- exploring and sharing key aspects of growing your association, regionally or internationally
- learning from successful associations’ experience in different regions of the world
- drawing on the wealth of experience of both the speakers and the participants
Members of the Panel
- David Macadam, CEO at International Council of Shopping Centers and Middle East Council of Shopping Centres
- Hélène Nicora, Chief Representative Officer – Europe, International Trademark Association
- Terrance Barkan CAE, Chief Strategist, GLOBALSTRAT
GLOBALSTRAT is a specialized consulting practice that focuses on developing international strategic plans for associations.
- Hervé Bosquet, Senior Advisor, Global Association Hubs Partnership (GAHP)
GAHP was created by the world's leading cities for international associations - Brussels, Dubai, Singapore and Washington, DC - to engage with associations as a trusted partner for international growth and expansion.