- Central-western province of the People's Republic of China
- Capital: Chengdu
- Surface area: 487,630 km2
- Population: 81,100,000
- Title and signature date of the agreement: Cooperation agreement between Szechuan Province and the Brussels-Capital Region signed 9 November 2010, replacing the previous agreement dating from 13 April 1995.
Szechuan cuisine is famous for its hot and spicy dishes. The famous Szechuan pepper is a plant with a spicy, numbing and almost lemony flavour. While it is ever present in local cuisine, it is the red chilies, imported from America, that give this cuisine its spicy emphasis. A local saying goes, "In Szechuan cuisine each dish has its own style, a hundred dishes have a hundred different flavours."
Szechuan Ambassador: Daronghe Restaurant
- Kongbao Diced Beef (Diced Beef with Sichuan pepper, red chiliers and roasted peanuts)
- Sliced Chicken with Chili Sauce (spicy or not)
- Braised Spareribs in sweet-and-sour sauce
- Zhong's Dumplings (stuffed with pork)
- Stewed Beef with Potatoes and Tomatoes
- Traditional cold noodles with chicken slivers
- Eggplant in Fish-Flavor Sauce
- Mapo Tofu (Tofu with spicy Szechuan chilipepper)
To taste the dish of one of our chef, you will need to use credits. One credit = 1€. One dish = 9 credits. All the dishes are offered at the same price.