Organising an event in Brussels is all about making connections. Connecting with the right suppliers, sponsors and speakers …connecting with experts who understand your field of activity …and connecting with all the advantages that the capital of Europe can offer you.
We are visit.brussels, the official Brussels Convention & Association Bureau. Our team of experts will work with you right through the process, from planning and bidding to funding and welcoming your delegates.
This page sets out why we believe Brussels is the best place to hold your convention and how we can help you organise it flawlessly. Our mission is to ensure that your event here is a total success.
We recently opened the Association Bureau – a one-stop shop and specific point of contact for international associations.
This new office helps guide associations to the right resources, training and contacts to help them reach their professional objectives successfully.
N° 1 association city
Brussels is the natural home for international associations. With its highly-skilled multilingual workforce and depth of support services, Brussels is the best spot for building membership and getting up close to European decision-makers. With 2,250 headquarters, Brussels is home to more international associations than any other city.
Specialist in life sciences
Surprised to know that Belgium has the world’s highest concentration of life science professionals? And that it is the second largest pharma exporter in the world? With its world-famous university hospitals and concentration of international hi-tech and healthcare companies, Brussels is a pivotal centre in life sciences.
Dynamic ICT sector
In Brussels you can tap into a diverse and sophisticated ICT sector. Thanks to close collaboration between academia, R&D and businesses, with proactive support from regional authorities, the ICT sector is growing fast and earning Brussels worldwide recognition for its capacity to innovate.
Greener and cleaner
Visit.brussels will work with you to make your meeting greener. Brussels itself has made great progress towards becoming a more eco-friendly destination and was recently voted No. 1 sustainable city in Europe for environmental policy. Join the Annual Carbon Capture & Storage Summit, Sustainable Energy Week and many other clean-tech events that choose to meet in Brussels.
Click here for more info
Your delegates will have plenty of options after work. Admired for its Art Nouveau and today also for its fashion and textile design, Brussels is emerging as an exciting contemporary creative hub. The local film industry is booming, museums and art galleries flourish, and 18,000 cultural events take place every year.
Corridors of power
You can’t get any nearer to Europe’s policy makers than Brussels. The city hosts all the major EU institutions and is home to a huge diplomatic corps, journalist community and lobby group. But Brussels is also about business: 1,700 international corporations operate Europe-wide from their base here, spawning a diverse business services sector.
Your delegates will feel at home in Brussels. It is a cosmopolitan city (183 nationalities live here) and a magnetic centre for economic migration. On the professional side, Brussels offers you translators and interpreters in all 24 official EU languages – and you won’t easily find that in other cities.
Art de vivre
Visitors appreciate the quality of life in Brussels, not least the great food. You can choose from 2,000 restaurants and enjoy top quality on-site catering. The city has also preserved its local culture, so you’ll find street life, traditional markets and folklore, all in a colourful ambience full of good humour. Enjoy!
Brussels is easy to reach by air, road and rail, but also easy to move around in. In this compact city, many places are within walking distance, or a short ride away by tram, bus or metro. And if you’re staying near the city centre, walking is a wonderful way to discover historical Brussels.
Brussels in numbers
- 3 main universities, 7 university hospitals and 24 healthcare centres
- N°1 country in Europe in terms of clinical trials per capita and N°2 worldwide
- Strong innovator: N°10 city worldwide with capacity for innovation
- N°1 sustainable city in Europe in terms of environmental policy
- N°1 city for headquarters of international associations
- 183 nationalities, 108 different languages spoken, 3 official languages
- N1 destination for congresses and meetings in Europe & 2nd in the world (around 600/year)
- Around 210 venues for events with 10 to 10.000 persons, 1.237.400 m² convention centre space
- 200 hotels with 20.000 bedrooms
- 478 media represented, including 99 television stations and 191 newspapers and magazines
- 18.000 cultural events every year
How we can help you
- visit.brussels has the experience to help you prepare a winning bid:
- By clearly understanding your objectives and strategy;
- Obtaining support letters from key players (regional authorities, mayor, airline, institutions);
- Organising a site visit for your top decision-makers;
- Preparing pitch presentations and videos when shortlisted.
- visit.brussels has the local expertise to put you in contact with the right resources:
- Connect you with a pool of experts in your field (sponsors, speakers);
- Introduce you to suppliers experienced in your field (venues, PCOs, DMCs, AMCs, event organisers, caterers,…);
- Assist you in obtaining permits, group airline tariffs…;
- Help you secure room blocks and obtain the best hotel rates via Brussels Booking Desk;
- Plan and advise on social activities (theatre, museums, events, …).
Marketing your event
- We aim to promote your event and maximise delegate attendance via:
- Foreign market targeting through our attachés and social media;
- Personalised videos for your organisation;
- Promotion during previous events;
- Communications via our Meeting Calendar, website, newsletters and press releases.
Welcoming your delegates
- visit.brussels will help make your delegates feel at home in Brussels:
- Welcome desks at the airport and train stations;
- Welcome reception at the prestigious town hall in the Grand-Place;
- Concierge service at your event with tourist info;
- In-hotel TV welcome messages.
visit.brussels helps your organisation with financial support:
We can connect you with financing bodies and support-providing institutions;
Provide financial support to help local ambassadors and international associations based in Brussels attract international events, and offer support for new recurring international events;*
Support can include: international and local promotion of events, invitation of international keynote speakers, activities to enhance attendees experience, social and green initiatives.
*Conditions upon request
Leave your legacy
visit.brussels is committed to sustainable development in the meeting sector. This includes assistance for organising greener meetings as well as the social dimension... Helping you leaving a long-lasting legacy in the city.