The consumer does not have the right to cancel the purchase
1. The voucher issued is only valid for the date and time shown. Only vouchers ordered via the visit.brussels ticket office are valid. Any counterfeited voucher will result in legal proceedings.
2. The holder of the voucher as well as those accompanying him/her assume full responsibility for taking part in the guided tour to which this voucher entitles them, and forgoes the right to make any claim against visit.brussels. Under no circumstances will visit.brussels be held responsible for any damage or injury suffered by third parties. The same is true for any theft or loss that occurs before or during the guided tour for which this voucher is issued. visit.brussels will not be held responsible in the event of a delay or a change to times.
3. The voucher cannot be used for advertising and/or commercial purposes without the permission of the organisers and visit.brussels. The personal information collected by visit.brussels when this voucher is sold will be passed on to the Organiser of the guided tours for the smooth running, management and organisation of the tour (namely, surname, first name, telephone number and email address). They will be used for organisational purposes only. Any request to access, change or delete this information must be sent by letter to visit.brussels.
4. Absence of the right to cancel: although article 47 of the law governing market practices and consumer protection stipulates that the consumer has 14 days to cancel the contract if it is entered into remotely, this right does not apply to contracts entered into via the website. Pursuant to the Royal Decree of 18 November 2002, some remote contracts to provide leisure services are excluded from this option under certain conditions. This exception for the tourist industry depends on the specific nature of the services provided, and complies with European regulations on remote sales, which also stipulate an exception for leisure services.
5. Once the voucher has been purchased, the visit.brussels ticket office will not provide cancellation, modification or refund of the purchase except if special conditions are provided from the Organiser*. No copy of the voucher will be issued by the ticket office, even in the event of loss or theft. To cancel or change your booking, please contact the Organiser.
* The guided tour Organisers purshasing their product via the visit.brussels ticket office take up the following special conditions: Cancellation conditions
In case of cancellation:
• 15 business days before the date of the visit, the client will be billed an administration fee of €25.
• Between 15 and 7 business days before the date of the visit: the client will be charged 50% of the total amount.
• Between 7 and 3 business days before the date of the visit: the client will be charged 70% of the total amount.
• In the 3 business days before the date of the visit: the client will be charged 100% of the total amount.
The meeting point and time may be changed once without charge. If other changes are necessary, the association will apply its own conditions.
In case of changes to the number of guides (cancellation of a guide), the cancellation conditions given as above will be applied.
For any clarifications about the guided tour, please contact the Organiser directly. Their details can be found on the voucher.
6. Our prices are final prices (incl. VAT). In case you need an invoice, please contact the Organiser mentioned on the voucher with your billing address and details.