Este contenido no está disponible en Español. Por este motivo, el contenido se muestra en otro idioma.
This abbey was founded in 1201 by a noble woman of Brussels named Gisèle, and was entrusted to the nuns of the Cistercian order. The buildings which were badly damaged during the Wars of Religion were rebuilt in the 16th century, and enlarged in the 18th century. Only certain parts of the church still date from the 14th century and belong to that transitional period between Gothic splendour and the flamboyant (Gardens).