Garage Citroën

Il contenuto non è disponibile in Italiano, perciò viene mostrato in un'altra lingua.

The Citroën building on Place de l’Yser near the Canal is typical of the architecture of the inter-war period. It is distinguished by its curved lines and huge windows, as well as the use made of iron and glass by architects Alexis Dumont and Marcel Van Goethem. The panoramic building extends in the direction of both the city and the Canal. With its curtain walls, it illustrates the functionalist aesthetic of the 30s, and was described at the time as ‘the largest service station in Europe’. Within the 16,500 m2 building, a steel ‘street’ links the showroom to the workshop to the rear. The Brussels authorities have plans to use this urban landmark to host a museum of modern art one day.

Informazioni pratiche

  • Square Sainctelette
    1000 Bruxelles