Locomotive à vapeur

Il contenuto non è disponibile in Italiano, perciò viene mostrato in un'altra lingua.

The steam engine displayed above the Canal dates from 1923. It was built at Grosses Forges et Usines de La Hestre in Haine-Saint-Pierre. In 2011, it was installed on a metal bridge over the waterway as it passes Tour & Taxis. This was a Port of Brussels initiative, in collaboration with the SNCB-NMBS, to commemorate the 175th anniversary of the coming of the railway to Belgium. The railway bridge where it is located, at Place des Armateurs, is just a few dozen metres away from Allée Verte, the starting-point of Western Europe’s first passenger line. In 1835 it connected Brussels to Mechelen. The locomotive on display was active in the Port of Brussels area until 1969.

Informazioni pratiche

  • Place des Armateurs
    1000 Bruxelles