Becoming a Brussels Ambassador
Brussels has developed an enviable position as a destination for international meetings and events. To maintain this momentum and grow as a key destination for meetings in Europe, we have created the Brussels Ambassador programme.
With its world-famous universities, 2.250 international associations and organisations, a high concentration of international companies, research & development organisations, decision makers and proactive supporting bodies, Brussels offers a dense network of expertise, resources and knowledge.
More specifically, Brussels is a pivotal centre of excellence in the following fields:
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Creative Industries and Media
- Life Sciences and Biopharma
- Sustainability and Cleantech
- Business Services
Every day, our ambassadors, recognised or upcoming experts in their fields, dedicate their time to promote Brussels as a key destination for large international events. In addition, they help expand the network of experts by mentoring other Brussels leaders.
As our ambassador, you play an important liaison role with event organisers, professional associations and international companies. You help Brussels to grow as a dynamic centre of meetings and events with the support of visit.brussels Convention Bureau & Association Bureau and its partners. Together, we aim to strengthen partnerships, create the right connections and work hand-in-hand to set up international meetings of high quality.
- Highest concentration of life-science employees in the world
- 3 universities, 7 university hospitals and 24 healthcare centres
- N°1 country in Europe in terms of clinical trials per capita and N°2 worldwide
- 2nd largest pharmaceutical export country in the world in absolute figures
- More than 60% of all ICT businesses in Brussels are foreign companies
- Strong innovator: N°10 city worldwide with capacity for innovation
- N°1 sustainable city in Europe in terms of environmental policy
- One of the greenest cities in Europe with 28 m² per inhabitant and 8.000 ha of green space
- N°1 city for headquarters of international associations
- 3 official languages, 183 nationalities, 108 different languages spoken
- 1st in Europe in number of association conferences organised
- Around 210 venues for events with 10 to 10.000 persons
- 200 hotels with 20.000 bedrooms
- 1.237.400 m² convention centre space
- 478 media represented, including 99 television stations and 191 newspapers and magazines
- 18.000 cultural events every year
visit.brussels Convention Bureau’s services
Why become an ambassador?
- Be recognised even more as an expert in your field
- Gain access to a network of senior professionals and academics
- Be supported by the visit.brussels Convention Bureau and develop knowledge in organising large international events, destination promotion and presentation skills
- Have the opportunity to showcase your associations/companies
- Encourage future developments and synergies between your associations/companies and others
- Gain the attention of politicians and funding bodies
How you can help us
The visit.brussels Convention Bureau team is here to support you whenever you wish to:
- Participate in a tender for the organisation of a major international event.
- Receive support and advice during the organisation of your event.
- Plan a presentation of our services and the destination within your organisation.
- Meet us to share your ideas for a project you want to realise.
- Receive promotion material about Brussels.
- Share your experience as an event organiser and help us spread the word.
How we can help you
The team of experts of visit.brussels Convention Bureau provides independent, neutral and free-of-charge advice and welcome services at each stage of the congress’ planning process.
1 - We help you present Brussels as a strong candidate during the bid proposal phase:
- Develop a clear understanding of the international association/company strategy and objectives with your support (lobbying, professional knowledge, strategic thinking);
- Prepare a high-quality bid book (document containing all specific details with regard to hosting an event);
- Obtain signed support letters for the event from Regional authorities, from the Mayor of Brussels, from Brussels Airlines and other relevant institutions;
- Organise a site visit programme for the organising association / company.
2 - During the organisational phase:
- Connect you with a pool of experts in your field in Brussels (sponsors, speakers);
- Help you finding the best locations for your event and the social programme (conference venue, hotel, museum, theatre, etc.);
- Connect you with financing bodies and support-providing institutions;
- Introduce the organising association/company to partners and professional suppliers experienced in their business areas: Professional Conference Organisers (PCOs), Destination Management Companies (DMCs), event and trade fairs organisers, Association Management Companies (AMCs), interpretation agencies, caterers, transport services, and any other suppliers required;
- Assist in receiving certain permits, preferential group tariffs with official carriers, advantageous hotel rates and conditions through the Brussels Booking Desk, etc.;
- Plan social and touristic activities during the event;
- Provide innovative and tailor made pre-event marketing support to help maximise participant attendance;
- Share information about the event with professional press and on the visit.brussels website.
3 - During the hosting phase:
Welcoming participants: welcome desks at airport and international train station, welcome reception at the prestigious Town Hall, a concierge desk with tourist info, or TV spots with welcoming words.
4 - After the event:
Brainstorm with event planners about how to contribute to social legacy in the city.