Deze tekst is niet beschikbaar in het Nederlands. Daarom geven we hem weer in een andere taal.
Located in Brussels, in the heart of Schaerbeek, not far from the Main Hall, the Langbehn House offers to the eyes of passers-by a façade of Art Nouveau style built in 1901 by the architect Jean Van Hall who was the first occupant.
After completing its mission of housing for more than a century, this unusual house adds now, under the direction of Françoise-Emmanuelle Denis, an educational and artistic dimension by welcoming the activities of the “Association Roger Langbehn for education through the arts and the respect for nature”.
The Langbehn House is named in memory of the artist Roger Langbehn who fell on the field of honor in 1918, at Montdidier, Somme, at the age of 26. His mother, Berthe Blanche Guibert acquired, in a public sale in Saint Gilles (Brussels) in 1926, the building 90-92 rue Renkin. She lives there the last twenty-eight years of her life, from 1932 to 1960, and passes – before her death – the archives regarding her son Roger Langbehn to the Harnois Denis family, then tenant on the top floor of the house.
The Harnois Denis couple becomes the owner of the building in 1972. To the death of Elie Denis, in 2006, his daughter Françoise-Emmanuelle becomes aware of documents, letters, maps, photos, objects, paintings and drawings of Roger Langbehn stored in an attic of the house and starts the research that led her to find not only Roger Langbehn’s distant relatives but relatives of former tenants of the 90 rue Renkin. The exciting reconstruction of the history of the Langbehn House and its inhabitants is underway...
In 2010, shortly after the death of her mother, Liliane Harnois last occupant of the house, Françoise-Emmanuelle Denis decides to give a new life to her birthplace and begins, with the unconditional support of her companion, Odair Assad, the full restoration of this house whose every nook and cranny are familiar to her.