O conteúdo não está disponível em português. Por isso, é apresentado noutro idioma.
A veritable juxtaposition of Brabant Gothic styles takes us back to the 13th century and the atmosphere of the great builders. Its two towers give it a very French appearance. Building of the cathedral started in 1226, whilst the facade dates from the 15th century. The prodigious stained-glass windows of the transept and of La Chapelle du Saint-Sacrement (Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament) were inspired by the drawings of Bernard Van Orley and donated by Charles V and his family. The chancel is the final resting place of Jean II, Duke of Brabant, his wife Margaret of York and the Archduke Ernest. The Archduke Albert and his wife Isabelle and Archduke Charles de Lorraine lie in the chapel of Saint-Sacrement.