Four emblematic Brussels cheese makers take turns at our cheese bar to offer you a tasting platter of their best artisan produce. As an aperitif, a dish, before dessert or just as an indulgence, their platters are on offer for the same price as the chefs’ dishes (9 credits, with 1 credit = €1). Discover them below.
Julien Hazard - Julien Hazard Affineur
Certified master cheesemaker and supplier for the majority of our capital’s gourmet restaurants, Julien Hazard offers you an assortment of more than 300 varieties of cheese, most of them matured with care in the cellars of his boutique on rue Vanderkindere.
Julien Hazard will be present Thursday.
- Aurélie (Belgian organic raw goat’s milk cheese)
- Red Leicester Sparkenhoe (English raw cow’s milk cheese)
- Brillat-Savarin (French raw cow’s milk cheese)
- Taleggio DOP “di muntagna” (Italian raw cow’s milk cheese)
Julien Hazard Affineur
Rue Vanderkindere, 137 - 1180 Brussels
Véronique Socié – La Fruitière
Crowned First Cheesemonger of Belgium 2016, Véronique Socié was the second woman to be awarded the title and the first to open a cheese bar in our capital. A producer of goats’ cheeses from the Jura, this ambassador of artisan production offers you tables in her boutique, where she shares with you discover some of her favourite cheeses.
Véronique Socié will be present Friday.
- Comté AOP (raw cow’s milk cheese)
- Herve AOP (raw cow’s milk cheese)
- Bûche cendrée (organic goat’s milk cheese)
- Gorgonzola DOP (thermised cow’s milk cheese)
La Fruitière - Cheese bar
Rue du Marché au Charbon, 99-103 1000 Brussels
02 503 33 52
Hélène Milan – Le Comptoir du Samson
Le Comptoir du Samson is a family affair. Sisters Hélène and Lara Milan, passionate about local Belgian produce, and their uncle Vincent Verleyen, 2014 Best Cheese Maker in Belgium, offer you a selection of organic cheeses made with raw milk, produced using artisan techniques in the Condroz region of the province of Namur.
Hélène Milan will be present Saturday.
- Samson fleurs (organic raw cow’s milk cheese with a flower-covered crust
- Lingot de chèvre (goat’s milk cheese)
- Patou (sheep’s milk cheese)
- Bleu des grottes (cow’s milk cheese)
Le Comptoir du Samson
Chaussée d’Ixelles 359 - 1050 Brussels
02 644 58 93
Octave Laloux – Saint Octave
Saint Octave, is a place where you share what you love: produce from artisan and agricultural production, succulent raw milk cheeses, perfectly matured, and cured meats from the Ardennes and Catalunia. Favouring short food supply chains, this boutique lets you discover the richness and variety of cheeses available.
Octave Laloux will be present Sunday.
- Ahumado Campoveja (smoked Spanish sheep’s milk cheese)
- Gouda cassant (mature Belgian cow’s milk cheese)
- Bouseux (typical Belgian goat’s milk cheese)
- Pavé de Stoumont (Belgian strong-smelling cow’s milk cheese)
Chaussée d’Alsemberg 54 - 1060 Saint-Gilles - 02 268 57 13
Rue Haute 264 - 1000 Brussels - 02 503 24 76